Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring

Spring always reminds me of new beginnings. New growth. Rebirth. It is a time to rejoice in and enjoy the newness of life. It is such a blessing to be able to see this growth in Isaac right now. It seems as with each new day he is learning and testing so much. To see him grow in size, grow in capabilities / skills, and grow in personality is a constant reminder of how God watches us grow in our surroundings.

My desires for Isaac are that he will continue to be blessed with good health. That he will grow to be a godly young man and exude the love and name of Jesus Christ every where he goes. That he will have a compassion for others and their needs. That he will be a reflection of Jesus in his actions, speech, life, and work.

Now back to Spring...
I catch myself dreaming about walking through fields of vibrant flowers and soft grass. Watching little ducklings follow their mom into the water of a near by lake. Laying on the ground watching the cotton ball clouds overhead. Then wake up to the reality of ants crawling up my leg, eyes watering, and sneezing so hard it hurts. But what a nice dream it was.

I would love to be able to one day have beautiful flower beds around my house with flowers for every season. With mulch that is fresh and adequate and bushes that aren't the run of the mill boxwoods and hollies. To have a gardener help guide me to what is the best location for plants and when to plant, what is the right soil mixture -- that is a dream. But the one I dream of most is a driveway lined with white and pink dogwood trees. Oh to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment